Thompson Rivers University
Thompson rivers University has taken pleasure in offering an outstanding education to every student that comes to us — from a diverse range of backgrounds and viewpoints, and at all stages of their educational journey — since 1970. They have over 25,000 students enrolled in the Kamloops and Williams Lake campuses. TRU provides over 140 on-campus programmes and 50+ Open Learning programmes, ranging from traditional academics to trades, certifications to graduate degrees.
The students can put what they've learned into practice through co-op work terms, study abroad, undergraduate research, field schools and practicums, service learning, and other options, all with the help of their approachable faculty. In an open, flexible learning environment, research, creation, and innovation thrive. TRU is a comprehensive, learner-centred, and sustainable University that provides high-quality, flexible education, training, research, scholarship to regional, national, and worldwide learners and their communities. They offer $2.5 million in scholarships for students scholarship. The Thompson rivers University ranking is 46 in Canada. The essential Thompson rivers University requirements are minimum English language proficiency requirements and tuition fees are between $7500 to $6000 annually.
Thompson Rivers University Courses:
- Adventure Guide
- Applied Sustainable Ranching
- Business Administration
- Architectural and Engineering Technology
- Computing Science
- Data Science
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Studies
- Health Science
- International Business
- Mathematics and Economics
Thompson Rivers University Scholarships for International Students:
- International Athletic Scholarships
- Engineering Scholarships
- International Social media Ambassador Awards
- Diversity Scholarships
- Academic Excellence Award
- Exceptional Students Award
At Thompson Rivers University (TRU), we strive for energy efficiency and seek to engage the TRU community with sustainability events, and encourage involvement in sustainability projects. TRU has earned the highest overall score in the Sustainability Tracking Assessment and Rating System (STARS) report.
STARS is a transparent, self-reporting framework for colleges and universities around the world to ensure their sustainable performance. TRU has received a platinum rating which is the highest ever achieved by any institution.
One of the highlights of TRU is the Campus Strategic Sustainability Plan 2020 – 2025:
- TRU plans for a carbon-neutral and net-zero campus.
- TRU makes emphasis on eliminating single-use items, which include plastics.
- TRU integrates sustainable purchasing throughout campus operations.
- Conserving potable water.
- Advancing sustainability performance of the campus-built environment.
- Focuses on being the champion in sustainability beyond the TRU campus for global impact.
Residential spaces for students
Square feet of learning space
Scholarships, bursaries and awards for students every year