Canada provides the world's best education facilities. If students choose to study abroad, they consider travelling to Canada or visit it if possible. One can apply to various Canadian Universities that are great for education that provides great scholarship opportunities and accommodation facilities. In this article, we have curated a list of courses in Canada after the 12th for International Students.
Study In Canada After 12th
Students can opt to study in Canadian universities right after class 12th, irrespective of their stream. Students need to appear for various entrance exams and English proficiency tests. Many colleges also provide admissions on a merit basis. Students should also look for public universities that offer scholarships and housing options. In this article, students can find everything they need to study in Canada and even a bit about pursuing a career in Canada.
Why do you wish to study in Canada after the 12th
Every student dreams of studying abroad no matter their purpose. But no matter where you learn, there are pros and cons to everything. Below are some pros and cons of studying in Canada that a student needs to consider:
- A chance to study in world-class universities and colleges
- In Canada, students get an opportunity to do various part-time jobs and earn while they study.
- In Canada, students can find employment. Right after graduation, there is a demand for a younger workforce.
- Post Graduate Work Permit
- Students can get a chance to become Canadian permanent residents.
Courses in Canada After 12th Arts and Humanities
Canada provides a variety of courses for Humanities students. One can choose from options like Journalism, Law, Tourism and Hospitality, Language, etc. All a student needs to do is appear for SAT and other entrance exams and an English proficiency exam. Studying Humanities courses in Canada provides the student with the best education facilities. It provides benefits like globally recognised degree courses and excellent industrial training opportunities.
Given below are the top humanities courses that a student can pursue in Canada:
- BA LLB
- BA Geography
- Bachelor of Arts and Cultural Studies
- BA History
- BA in Political Science
- BSc in Psychology
- BA Psychology
- BA Sociology
- BA Economics
- BA English
- BA Public Administration
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Mass Communication
Medical Courses in Canada after 12th
Pursuing Medical courses in Canada is like a dream come true. It is challenging to get into a Canadian medical college due to the low acceptance rate. Also, in Canada, medical science is way more than just MBBS as it teaches advanced health care systems. A student is pursued to select either Bachelor's in Medicine or take up a foundation program along with MBBS.
A student must have opted for Physics, Chemistry and Biology in Class 12th to get into a Canadian medical school. They also need to provide their NEET or MCAT scores and English proficiency test scores.
Given below are some of the top medical courses in Canada that a student can pursue:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- BSc Nursing
- BSc Biotechnology
- BSc Nutrition and Diabetes
- BSc Microbiology
- BSc Cardiology
- BSc Zoology
- BSc Physiotherapy
- BSc Radiology
- BSc Anaesthesia
- BSc Biology
- BSc Bioinformatics
- BSc Botany
- BSc Forensic Science
- BTech Pharmaceutical & Food Science Technology
- Veterinary Sciences
Courses in Canada after 12th Commerce
Over time, Canada has become a hub for students pursuing courses from the commerce stream. It provides innumerable career options and abroad exposure. Not only that, but students pursuing Commerce without maths also have various courses to opt from in Canada. To get admission in these courses, a student must have opted for Commerce in class 12th and given multiple entrance exams and English proficiency tests.
Offered below are Commerce courses that one can opt for in Canada:
Commerce With Maths
Commerce Without Maths
Diploma Courses In Canada After 12th
Canadian Universities and Colleges also provide various Diploma courses that a student can opt for. These cost less than UG/PG courses and are great to enhance one's skills and knowledge on a subject and act as the cherry on top of a student's resume.
There are three main UG diploma courses that a student can choose from: Engineering, Humanities, and Management.
Given below are some of the top diploma courses that students opt for
- Information Technology
- Business management
- Pharmacy Technician
- Hospitality management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Fashion & Design
- General management
- International Business
- Human resources
Top Courses After 12th In Canada - Engineering
Like medical studies, engineering is one of the most opted courses in Canada. Even though it is difficult, it is made easy by teaching in more practical ways and explaining correctly. One can opt for various engineering courses in Canada.
Given below are some of the top engineering courses that one can opt for:
- Electrical Engineering
- Information and Technology Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
UG and Certificate Courses in Canada
Like Diploma Courses, Canadian Universities also provide students with various certificate courses. These are available both online and offline. These are also comparatively shorter in duration and less costly.
Given below are some of the top certificate courses in Canada:
- How to Code – Simple Code
- How to Code – Complex Code
- Competency in Structural Design for Non-Structural Engineers
- Software Development Capstone Project
- Canadian Business Law and Language
- Governance Through Law
- Software Construction – Data Abstraction
- Applied Psychology and Counselling
- Child and Youth Course
- IELTS Super-Intensive
- Intensive English
List of Aviation courses in Canada after the 12th Grade
Canada provides several great aviation courses as well. These are based on practical studies and provide students with all the necessary knowledge required in aviation.
Given below are some aviation courses that a student can opt for after class 12th:
- BE / BTech in Aeronautical Engineering
- BSc In Aviation
- BSc in AME (Aircraft Maintenance Engineering)
- Commercial Pilot License (CPL)
- BSc in Aeronautics
- BTech in Aerospace Engineering
- BE in Aerospace Engineering
- BTech in Aerospace Engineering with specialisation in Avionics
List of Hotel Management Courses in Canada After the 12th Grade
Hotel Management is one of the top courses today as it has gained a lot of traction over the years. It is an all-rounder course in which a student needs to study culinary, communication, interior design, etc.
Given below are some of the top hotel management courses that a student can pursue in Canada after class 12th:
- BHM (Bachelor of Hotel Management)
- BSc in Hotel Management
- BSc in Culinary Arts
- BBA in Hotel Management
- BSc In Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- BSc in Hotel and Catering Management
- BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology)
- BSc Hotel Management, Catering and tourism
- BSc (Hons) in International Hospitality Management
- BSc Resort & Event Management
Documents & Eligibility requirements to study in Canada after 12th
To get admitted to any college, one needs to provide verification documents and other information. Given below a list of all the required documents:
- Transcripts, passport, and test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT) document.
- Gap letter/experience letter if there is any gap in academics
- Resume, LOR, Statement of Purpose or Essays, as asked by the college
- Transfer certificate etc., as required by the college
- Loan/financial documents as requested by the university
- Visa documents.
Besides the required documents, one also needs to qualify for entrance exams and English proficiency tests.
Given below is the eligibility criteria to get admission to Canadian colleges:
For Diploma Courses
For UG Courses
12th Percentage: Flexible
12th Percentage: 70% or above
Admission Process to study in Canada after 12th
To study in Canada, a student must be ready to go through several tests, verbal and written.
- Check the eligibility criteria for your desired college and course.
- Apply and take entrance exams like SAT, GMAT/GRE.
- Take English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Apply online on the official university website
- If you are chosen, the college will contact you. They will also let the candidate know what the next step is. Some colleges prefer taking interviews and group discussions after entrance exams.
- Once the admission is confirmed by the college, the student can move on to completing the necessary formalities to get the study permit and travel to Canada.
Top Universities in Canada after 12th
Canada has some of the world's most outstanding universities. People from all over the world travel to Canada for pursuing higher studies.
Some of Canada's top universities include:
University of Toronto
University of British Columbia
Universite de Montreal
University of Alberta
University of Waterloo
Tuition fees in Canadian Universities according to courses
Although Canadian Universities provide students with some of the best educational facilities, the fees for most of these universities can be pretty high. But, if a student is still determined to study in Canada, they can pursue various online courses put up by Canadian universities, which are economical and educational.
Given below is a list of the estimated tuition fees of different courses:
Tuition fee (per annum)
Mathematics, computer and IT
Physics, life sciences and technologies
Social and behavioural sciences
Visual and performing arts
Jobs & Salary after studying in Canada
Canada provides students with outstanding educational facilities and has excellent job options for students right after graduation. One can earn up to 400,000 CAD right after graduation.
Given below are some high paying jobs in Canada:
Salary (per annum)
Visa procedure and requirements
Once a student gets admitted into a Canadian university, they need to apply for Visa. The application process can take up to 2 months, and thus a student needs to use it as quickly as possible. A student needs to apply for a study visa. While laying, they also need to attend an interview where they impress the immigrant officer without giving the impression of a potential immigrant.
Below are a few documents that a student must keep ready during the visa-making process:
- The letter of acceptance is given by the college or university during admission.
- Proof of adequate funds to facilitate studies, including living fees.
- Medical certificate stating that the candidate has a healthy mind and body.
- There should be no previous record of performing any criminal activity as the Visa may get denied.
- The individual should not seem like a risk to Canadian security.
Career Opportunities in Canada
- A student graduating from Canada brings various career opportunities in Canada and even outside Canada.
- The main plus point of studying in Canada is the work permit as it allows a graduate to work in Canada and North America.
- A student pursuing a one-year program in Canada is eligible for a one-year work permit in Canada and North America. In contrast, a student pursuing a two-year course from Canada is suitable for a three-year work permit in Canada and North America.
- Apart from this, students can also pursue various part-time jobs and internships during studying, enhancing their CV and providing experience and extra money.
AECC is one of the world's leading educational consultancies with versatile expert professionals who are ready to help you with any queries you may have. Contact us so we can be of assistance to you in your journey of fulfilling your dream.